Driving economic growth and job creation demands a broader perspective than focusing solely on domestic efforts. This is where the Congressional Global Investment In American Jobs Caucus steps in – a dynamic
bipartisan coalition of legislators joining forces to champion foreign investment and unlock new opportunities for American workers.
Launched in 2016, the Caucus focuses on the important role global investment plays in the U.S. economy, as well as policies that ensure the United States remains the most attractive location for international investment. By working across the aisle, the caucus aims to create a favorable environment for international businesses to invest in American communities, fostering economic growth and job creation.
The Caucus’s Crucial Mission
The Global Investment In American Jobs Caucus recognizes that foreign investment plays a vital role in the U.S. economy. International companies operating in the United States create high-quality jobs, spur innovation, and contribute to economic growth. To capitalize on these opportunities, the caucus focuses on:
- Attracting Foreign Investment: By advocating for policies that make the United States an attractive destination for global investment, the caucus helps bring capital, technology, and jobs to American communities.
- Promoting Fair Competition: The caucus champions a level playing field for domestic and foreign companies, ensuring that all businesses can compete fairly and contribute to the U.S. economy.
- Strengthening Global Partnerships: In an increasingly interconnected world, the caucus works to foster stronger relationships with international trade partners, promoting collaboration and mutual growth.
Benefits for America
The bipartisan efforts of the Global Investment In American Jobs Caucus have far-reaching benefits for the United States:
- Job Creation: Foreign investment directly supports millions of high-quality jobs in the United States, providing new opportunities for American workers and boosting local economies.
- Innovation and Growth: International companies often bring cutting-edge technologies and expertise to the United States, fueling innovation and growth in various industries.
- Increased Tax Revenue: Foreign investment can lead to increased tax revenue, helping to fund essential public services and support government initiatives.
Championing a Brighter Future
The Global Investment In American Jobs Caucus is a shining example of how bipartisan collaboration can create real benefits for the United States. By working together to promote foreign investment, the caucus is fostering economic growth, innovation, and job creation across the nation. With the continued support of legislators and stakeholders, the caucus can help build a more prosperous and globally connected future for American workers and their families.
Rep. Andy Barr (R-KY)
Andy Barr has served as the U.S. Congressman for Kentucky’s Sixth Congressional District since January of 2013. Congressman Barr is a senior Member of the House Financial Services Committee and is Ranking Member of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee. In the 117th Congress, Congressman Barr also began serving on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and serves on the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia and Nonproliferation.
Rep. French Hill (R-AR)
French Hill is the 22nd Member of Congress to represent central Arkansas in the U.S. House of Representatives. Congressman Hill is a member of the U.S. House Committee on Financial Services where he serves as Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy. Prior to his congressional service, Rep. Hill was actively engaged in the Arkansas business community for two decades as a commercial banker and investment manager. Rep. Hill is the Ranking Member of the National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy Subcommittee. Rep. Hill serves on the Congressional Oversight Commission established by the CARES Act
Rep. Kathleen Rice (D-NY)
Congresswoman Kathleen Rice represents New York’s Fourth Congressional District. First elected to Congress in 2014, Congresswoman Rice has become a leading voice on national security issues as a member of the Homeland Security Committee. Rice is also a member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, the New Democrat Coalition, Democratic Women’s Caucus and House Whistleblower Protection Caucus. Rice served as District Attorney of Nassau County from 2006 to 2014.
Rep. Marilyn Strickland (D-WA)
Congresswoman Marilyn Strickland proudly represents Washington’s 10th Congressional District, which covers Pierce County, Thurston County and parts of Mason County. As a Freshman Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Congresswoman Strickland carries with her the experience of rebuilding an economy after an economic recession. Strickland serves as a Member of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure in addition to the House Armed Services Committee. She is also a Member of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC), the Bipartisan Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Caucus, Democratic Women’s Caucus, and the New Democrat Coalition.